NerdRage Studios Ltd
Based in Surrey, UK
Xenosis: Alien Infection is a retro-inspired, top down sci-fi adventure / survival game, with a focus on a story-driven single-player experience. Blending retro 2D pixel art, with 3D modern lighting, dynamic shadows and 3D positional audio to create a truly unique and immersive experience. The game takes place on the Carpathian, an interstellar starship built to terraform a mineral rich planet on the edge of our known solar system. The 15-year mission was going according to plan, until the ship was reportedly destroyed during a geological event. Nearly 50 years later, you discover the Carpathian adrift in space and dock your salvage ship to board and retrieve the data core. The ship has no breathable atmosphere, there are traces of some form of toxin inside and the crew is nowhere to be found. How did the ship get here? What happened to the crew? As you venture in further to find out, you receive a harrowing transmission from somewhere deep inside the ship, and the docking port locks down, you are trapped and clearly not alone.
Xenosis is being developed by James Stone, a solo UK indie game developer. James quit his 20 year job in the IT industry to work on this game fulltime with the support of his wife. The game has been in fulltime development now for 18 months and is due for release Q1 2019. James has a team of 4 working on the game, from across the world all working remotely.
- Story driven content. Learn the secrets of the Carpathian, its crew and what happened on its fated mission 50 years ago. A branching story line, rich with detailed characters provide the narrative of the complex and deep story
- Awesome retro pixel art. Utilising modern realtime 3D dynamic lighting and shadowing that bring 3D depth to a 2D game, not seen in a top down game before!
- Manage your resources. The Carpathians environment is hazardous, you will need to maintain a supply of oxygen and prevent your suit from damage and tears, otherwise your journey will end quickly. Battle not only enemies, but the hazards of the environment, extreme temperatures, radiation, toxins and the vacuum of space
- Craft to survive. Scavenge what you can from ship and use it to craft supplies, ammo and upgrades for your weapons and environmental suit. Over 64 schematics to find and use at your disposal, with many more planned
- Exciting and tense combat. With advanced enemy AI against you, use tactics to overcome your enemies. With multiple weapon types and deployable items at your disposal, you have unlimited tactical options
- Take the stealthy approach. Sometimes all out gunfights aren't the way, use stealth with the dynamic light and shadow system to bypass obstacles and enemies.
- A whole starship to explore. This isn't some lifeless procedural generated ship, it's a hand crafted starship with multiple themed decks to explore and hidden secrets to discover, the game oozes attention to detail
- 3D positional hi-def audio. Using the latest in audio design techniques, you will get maximum immersion in your adventure through the Carpathian
- Native support for keyboard and mouse, along with all popular controllers (Xbox 360, Xbox One, Dualshock 3, 4) with many other 3rd party controllers supported too
- Localised in many languages The game was designed and built with localisation of all text and graphics from the start, and many languages are going to be included
- Achievements, plenty of platform specific features on release, such as steam trading cards etc.
- 60FPS! Everyone wants 60 FPS right? Heck, it runs at over 200 on my laptop!
Welcome to the Carpathian YouTube
Fig Trailer YouTube
Developer playthrough YouTube
Logo & Icon
Follow the development cycle on Tigsource gamejolt.com.
Support Xenosis on Fig fig.co.
About NerdRage Studios Ltd
NerdRage Studios is the trading name of fulltime solo developer James Stone, a 20 year veteran of the IT industry who quit the corporate world to follow his dream.
More information on NerdRage Studios Ltd, our logo & relevant media are available here.
Xenosis: Alien Infection Credits
Lead Developer, Game Designer